We are committed to providing an efficient and professional service to all our clients, carried out to controlled practices and to standards that are consistently maintained. This is ensured through the implementation and maintenance of clear policies and procedures that are adhered to by all members and staff. We monitor our compliance at regular intervals to ensure such standards are maintained or improved upon.
Areas covered include:
- Client Confidentiality
- Data Protection
- Equality and Diversity
- Health and Safety
- Shadowing / work experience
If you would like further details of any of the above, please contact the Senior Clerk, Tony Hill.
Provision of Services Regulations 2009
The following information is provided in compliance with the terms of the Provision of Services Regulations 2009.
- All Members of Ropewalk Chambers are sole practitioners.
- All Members of Ropewalk Chambers are barristers registered with the Bar Standards Board of England and Wales. The names under which each such barrister is registered are as they appear on the Barristers' page of this website (unless the given name is abbreviated or a middle name is used).
- Professional services provided by barristers in Ropewalk Chambers are provided in accordance with The Standard Contractual Terms for the Supply of Legal Services by Barristers to Authorised Persons 2012, a copy of which can be found here.
- Professional services are provided by barristers in Ropewalk Chambers under the law of England and Wales and any dispute arising is to be determined in accordance with that law.
- All Members of Ropewalk Chambers have professional liability insurance provided by the Bar Mutual Indemnity Fund Limited of 90 Fenchurch Street London EC3M 4ST and at www.barmutual.co.uk. Territorial coverage is worldwide subject to the terms of cover of the Bar Mutual which may be viewed here.
- There are certain restrictions regarding any claim brought before the Courts of United States or Canada. Full details are available from Bar Mutual.
- Any complaint about a Member of Ropewalk Chambers can and should be made in accordance with our Complaints Policy of which full details are on our Complaints page.
- Those providing professional instructions to a barrister at Ropewalk Chambers and requiring that barrister's VAT number should contact the clerking team on firstname.lastname@example.org